Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Rodeo Tandem Beat Specter


Unlike Chicken Zombies, I had the foresight to predict this would eventually show up with an obi strip in my searches, and through patience, it eventually did. Let it be known that I absolutely adore this album more than I adored Chicken Zombies, and it will be interesting to go back and listen to what I haven't heard of Gear Blues and Casanova Snake when the time comes to get a sense of what I missed. My all-time favorite track from TMGE, "The Redhead Kelly", closes the album, and it's a perfect song to close an album on.


The packaging for this album is pretty nice. It has an opaque disc tray that has a smooth tab instead of the ridged opaque tabs we Americans are used to with older CDs. The inside of the album has a pretty dope foldout featuring the band members on both sides, one segment of which serves as this album's cover. I'm not sure if I prefer this to the back cover image, which served as both the LP version's cover and the cover for the American CD release... hell, I like them both pretty equally. Get this album in any way you can.


The tracklisting is as follows:

1. The Loneliness Of The Citroën
2. Alligator Night
6. Rita
7. Beat Specter Buchanan
8. Turkey
10. Margaret
11. Bird Land Cindy
12. Beat Specter Garcia

*On the US release of the album, a bonus track, "Mona Lisa", is placed between "Beat Specter Buchanan" and "Turkey".


No comments:

Post a Comment