Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Dhoom soundtrack


I've recently fallen in love with the Dhoom franchise from India, a trilogy of high-octane blockbuster action flicks. In India, these movies were not respected all that much by critics, the third film in particular, but they are mostly acclaimed among the few Western critics who have reported on them, and I think there's a lot to love for fans of similarly huge blockbuster franchises like the Fast & Furious series or the Taxi series. The songs throughout this film, a staple of Bollywood in general, are the consistently catchiest and overall best of the entire trilogy, I think, particularly "Dhoom Machale" and "Dilbara".


The packaging isn't really all that much to write home about. Standard jewel case, disc tray, yadda yadda yadda, all the same stuff you'd find on typical CDs pretty much anywhere. When I first got this CD, it had a holographic sticker that I sadly wasn't able to salvage when I had to do a full replacement on the cracked jewel case. Out of all of my copies of the Dhoom soundtracks, however, it is now easily in the best shape.


The tracklisting is as follows:

5. Shikdum (The Bedroom Mix)
6. Dilbara (Reprisal) Edit


No comments:

Post a Comment